What is Private Cloud?- A private cloud is a method of cloud computing that offers benefits of the pubic cloud but using a proprietary architecture. It works differently than the public cloud as this system only dedicated to catering to the needs of a single company.
Also See: What are the major private cloud examples
Also See: What is Public Cloud?
As we all know, the public cloud provides services to a great number of organizations, but that’s not the case with this technology. In this post, we are going to talk about private cloud in detail to make sure our readers don’t miss anything. Please read the complete post now!
What is Private Cloud?-Components, Advantages and Disadvantages
What are the major components of the private cloud?
The private cloud can deliver the services to the customers due to the presence of certain components. We are going to talk about the major ones below:
- Web Portal
Using this component, the connection is made between the clients and cloud environments. It is a web server using which connections are accepted.
- Connection Broker
The main motive of the connection broker is to make a connection of match end-user sessions with the virtual desktops. The user will be attached with an unused virtual desktop by a connection broker if there is no connection established previously.
- Management Console
The management console is a device that lets the administrator manage a variety of things like virtual machine templates and resource pools using a single interface.
Also See: What are the major public cloud examples
The hypervisor is a very important component using which virtual desktops operate in a private cloud. For those who don’t know, the virtual desktops are present in the system in a set of virtual machines.
What are the major private cloud advantages?
There is a solid set of advantages possessed by a private cloud for the clients. We have mentioned the major ones in detail below:
- The organization gets better in terms of flexibility as the cloud environments get customized according to the particular business requirements.
- There is an improved level of security provided by the presence of a private cloud. The clients don’t have to share their resources with any other person that results in boosting security.
- The clients get high scalability & efficiency the same as a public cloud.
- The private cloud offers superior performance in the system as it is deployed in the company’s firewall. It allows them to have much better efficiency.
- There is a great level of customization ability provided by the private cloud.
What are the major disadvantages of the private cloud?
Despite offering a great sort of benefits, there are still certain disadvantages provided by the private cloud. We are writing them in detail below:
- The cost associated with the private cloud is quite more when compared with the public cloud. It includes running & upgrade costs.
- There is limited capacity in private cloud for handling the servers or storage in an organization.
- The private cloud has a vendor lock-in that sometimes stops the people from indulging in this technology.
The advantages of the private cloud outweigh its disadvantages. That’s why a great number of companies are investing in this technology.